Wednesday, April 21, 2010

4/19 Class Reaction

Duct Tape- (Check!)

I would of never thought when coming to class on 4/19 that we would be duct taping our mouths closed. It was a lot harder to communicate with only hand and eye movement, some people understand verbal directions better than hand signals. So, this presented a challenge to some of the "talkers" in class. One thing I enjoyed was walking past people and they would look at you like you had a problem, like you was crazy. I just duct taped my mouth that's it lol! But, I really enjoyed the walk on the canal, even though my legs where kind of hurting from carrying my laptop bag, I think my bag might weigh more than me.

The way we communicate plays a big role in whether somebody understands you and how clear you get your point across. With your mouth ducted taped you really can't get to much across, people will have mixed thoughts about what it is your trying to say/explain in gestures. Even though you get a lot of information about a person on how they stand, sit, and even eye motions. All of these counts as gestures I would say, because if you are saying one thing but your gesture is saying another, you could possible offend someone. This has happen to me, I have been told that sometimes I can come across rude when text messaging friends, HOW IN THE WORLD IS THAT? I figured that sending a text message is sort of like having your mouth duct taped in a sense, the person can only take the worlds and how they want to interpret them. So, I'm ready to duct taped our hands together and in class we should have some type of hands on activity to see how hard it is when you have to use other methods to solve the activity.

No comments:

Post a Comment